Tuesday 24 February 2015

Ghost Writers

In my Opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with Ghost Writing.  Provided the author is okay with the lack of credit or credit going to someone else, I think it's a great way to have works published.

As someone who is shy, and doesn't always like taking credit for accomplishments, I actually really like the idea of ghost writing as a possibility.  I'm also someone who enjoys writing so it's a good way to get content out without having things backfire.

The downsides that I can potentially see happening with ghost writing is a potential for stolen content that was published without authorization to become a ghost written in the first place.

Another downside that I have experience personally is when writers change to Ghost Writers and the quality of articles or published works goes downhill.  This is often due to a backlog of work needing to be done such as RL Stine and the Goosebumps novels, or sometimes by a death of an older author who passes on their works to someone else.  I'm not entirely against this but there's no denying the quality would go down.

Overall I think that ghost writing is a great practice.  Their are some minor potential downsides depending on what written medium your looking at but overall I think it's a good idea that has stood the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment