Tuesday 3 February 2015

Something new I learned through PR

Out of all the things I learned in my PR experience at Loyalist so far, I think the biggest for me personally has been learning event planning and organization.

I'm generally a horrible procrastinator and having so many real life situations to work on I feel has made me a better person even though I'm still working on the procrastination aspect.

The first big thing that really got me going in the early days was the United Way Sale.  It was a great example of team building and teamwork as we came together and learned how to operate as a unit.  Out of everything we've done this year that;s still my favorite.

This second semester has been stressful due to the large amount of separate group projects.  However I feel like the United Way experience as well as learning about general event planning has been a huge help.  I hope these experience help improve projects for the Legion, Film Night, Hastings County and more to help plan things out in an orderly manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment